The first pilot phase of the new program of the Energy Efficiency Fund (the ‘VidnovyDIM’ Program) was launched on November 21, 2022. The Program aims to finance construction works to restore multi-apartment buildings damaged as a result of the military aggression of the russian federation against Ukraine.
Program validity periods
The first pilot phase begins on November 21, 2022. Five million euros are provided for its implementation.
Who can participate in the Program?
The Program may be joined by co-owners of multi-apartment buildings (HOAs) established and operating in accordance with the Law of Ukraine ‘On the Association of Co-owners of Multi-apartment Houses’ (No. 2866-III of 29 November 2001).
On the territory of which regions is the pilot stage realized?
The pilot phase of the Program is operating in Zhytomyr, Kyiv, Sumy and Chernihiv regions.
What expenses are financed by the ‘VidnovyDIM’ Program?
Financing under the Program is provided solely for expenses related to the execution of such types of work (services):
- ‘ replacement or repair of the damaged translucent enclosing structures (window blocks and/or balcony door blocks, external doors);
- ‘ repair of damage to the facades of the building;
- ‘ repair of damage to the building cover;
- ‘ repair of damaged equipment of roof boiler houses and engineering networks.
You can find a detailed list of the measures taken and their marginal values HERE.
The received funds can be used both for realization of the relevant construction works, and for purchase of materials and equipment necessary for carrying out such works.
The Fund does not provide funding for expenses related to the performance of any other types of work (services) which are not defined as acceptable measures under this Program. Also at the expense of the grant are not reimbursed / expenses for the acceptable measures incurred (recorded in the act(s) of acceptance and executed construction works) until the date of accession — the date of sending the Fund a notification of approval of the application for the grant.
How is funding going to be paid?
The Fund provides the participants of the Program of funding in the form of a grant, which is paid on a free and irrevocable basis in the amount of 100% of the cost of the expenses for the implementation of the accepted measures under the project. The total amount of the grant consists of the sum of the first and second tranches and cannot exceed the limit of UAH 6 million per one object of renovation (the house or its part if more than one HOA is created in the house).
In addition, the financing of replacement or repair of the damaged light-transparent fencing structures (window or/and balcony door blocks, stained glass windows, etc.), external and internal tambouring doors is carried out within the limits established by the Fund.
The grant is paid in two parts:
- ‘ first tranche (70%): before construction works at the contract price with the contractor.
- ‘ the second tranche (amount remaining, 30%): after completion of all works taking into account the actual value indicated in the relevant documents acceptance of the completed construction works, and after approval of the application for completion of works.
What is the procedure for obtaining funding?
Stages of receiving the first grant tranche within the framework of participation in the Program:
- ‘ conducting an inspection of the damage as a result of military actions of the apartment building and receiving a report on technical examination.
- ‘ adoption at the general meeting of the HOAs in the order defined by the Law of Ukraine ‘On the Association of Co-owners of a Multi-apartment House’, a decision on the restoration of the damaged house and participation in the Program.
- ‘ production of defective act / design decisions and cost estimates.
- ‘ selection of HOAs – buildings contractor(s) of works and/or supplier(s) of materials and equipment, conclusion of agreement(s) with him.
- ‘ opening of an account in the Fund’s partner bank, if the HOA has not yet had such an account.
- ‘ application and submission to the Fund for grant and supporting documents.
After the Fund’s consideration of information and documents submitted, the HOA receives:
‘ notification of approval of the grant application;
‘ the first tranche of the grant to the HOA account in the partner bank. It is paid by the Fund within fifteen working days from the moment of sending the message to the Fund about approval of the application for the grant.
After all works under the project within the framework of participation in the Program, the HOA submits to the Fund the application for completion of works and supporting documents to it.
After the Fund has considered information and submitted documents, the HOA receives from the Fund:
- ‘ application approval notice;
- ‘ the second tranche of the grant to the HOA account in the partner bank. It is paid by the Fund within fifteen working days from the moment of sending the message to the Fund about approval of the application for completion of works.
The project being implemented within the framework of participation in the Program should be completed by submitting a request for completion within the project implementation period, which is six months after receiving the first tranche of the grant. If the HOA does not comply with this requirement, it should submit to the Fund a letter explaining the reasons for the need to increase the term of construction work. The letter is submitted for the six-month period and is drawn up in any form. The duration of the project can be extended for a maximum of six months. The project within the framework of participation in the Program should be carried out in accordance with the requirements of the current normative documents in the field of construction. Responsibility for this on the HOA, as a customer of construction, as well as other subjects of urban development activity in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
Re-participation of HOAs in the Program for construction works on the same rehabilitation facility is not allowed.
If the HOA receives (received) other grants – the amount of the grant under the Program will be reduced by the amount of other grants.
Read more about the ‘VidnovyDIM’ Program on the ‘VidnovyDIM’ website.
FOR HOAs. For more information, please contact the Project Support Department at +38 044 344-28-36
For Mass Media. Please contact the Sustainable Development Department at +38-044 344-28-77 (Communications)
As a reminder, the Supervisory Board of the Energy Efficiency Fund recently approved a new grant program, called the ‘VidnovyDIM’ Program.